If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the Best Dog Food for a Husky is, then I’d recommend the Nutro Max Natural Adult Dry Dog Food as the best one.
Every dog owner knows that Huskies are in a class of their own. One of the attributes people are drawn to about this breed of dogs is their wolf-like features and looks. These dogs are gorgeous, intelligent, friendly and very energetic.
With all these characteristics, who wouldn’t fall in love with huskies? The affection and joy this dog breed provides cannot be compared to any other breed. With all this in mind, you want to make sure you get the best food for huskies. This can be a hard task, hence this guide.
Important Ingredients to Consider
Since huskies are lean and athletic dogs, this implies that they need the right amount of food with the right mix and portions of ingredients.
Whether you’ll be creating your own husky food recipes or buying from top rated stores, there are many great ingredients to look out for or use in the best dog food for Siberian husky. There are important ingredients that you will need to consider.
This is an essential ingredient in any best food for Siberian husky products. Protein is supposed to amount to a considerable amount of the recipe. The best products usually have between 30-35% protein. There are many sources you can get protein, but the best of them is meat. This is because they are easily digestible. Sources of meat protein include chicken, duck, lamb and the likes.
An extra vegetable element is something worth considering. They are a great natural source when it comes to vitamins and minerals. Additionally, products that make use of lentils and peas also provide some form of protein content alongside.
3. Healthy fat sources
We already know that not all fats are beneficial. But little healthy fat can go a long way in keeping your husky in top health. So basic sources to look out that won’t do any harm are chicken fat and flaxseed.
4. Vitamins and minerals
Huskies are generally energetic animals. Even though their basic diet revolves around ingredients that that compensate for their energy use, vitamins and minerals are essential for their health.
But, this depends to a large extent on the health and age of the pet. Take puppies, for instance, they will need a good supply of phosphorus and calcium at 1:2 ratio.
5. Omega 3 and 6
Huskies are fluffy outdoor breeds. And their characteristic looks such as their coat and skin need to be in top shape. That is where these oils come in, as they are the ideal components to a dog’s healthy coat and skin.
How to Choose the Best Dog Food for a Husky
The question of how to choose the best food for huskies is one I get to hear regularly. Dogs generally have the same basic nutritional needs. But the varying factor is in the amount of protein, carbohydrates, and fat. These varying amounts are determined by certain factors such as their age, activity level, and health issues.
Age: Huskies with different age will need different nutritional components. Thus, the requirements for a 6 months old husky, 1-year-old Husky, and 2 years old Husky cannot be the same.
According to AAFCO, the benchmark for an adult dog’s protein and fat requirement are 18% and 5% respectively. More may be required of a highly active breed.
But when it comes to puppies, they are to be provided higher amounts of protein and fats (22% and 8% respectively) for their growth and proper development. For older and neutered dogs, the level of calories, protein and fat should be lowered.
Activity level: Huskies are a unique set of dog breeds that they are able to self-regulate their food intake. But, this doesn’t mean that you should rely on this characteristic when feeding your dog. Note that the more active your dog is, the more they should feed to compensate for their expended energy.
So, if your dog is the type that sleeps all through the day, less food should be provided for such.
Health: The health of a dog should be considered before any decision is made about the choice and type of food. There are chances that their dietary needs can also change if they have a health condition. and so may need to be compensated by a specialized formula.
It is recommended that your vet be consulted in cases of any health problems such as weight loss and metabolism issues and other problems. This will allow them to offer advice on the best and healthiest options to opt for.
Top 5 Best Dog Food for a Husky Reviews
- Contains One (1) 25 Lb. Bag Of Nutro Max Adult Dry Dog Food With Farm Raised Chicken
- Our Great-Tasting, Quality Food For Adult Dogs Is Made With Farm-Raised Chicken, Plus Whole Grains As A Nutritious Source Of Fiber
- Our All Natural, Affordable Dog Food Contains No Artificial Flavors Or Preservatives
- Nutro Max Dog Food Is Responsibly Made In The U.S.A. In Our Own Facilities
Are you looking for a top quality pet food with 100% natural ingredients? You may want to consider the Nutro Max Natural Adult Dry Dog Food. With Nutro Max, there is no question of its devotion and commitment to making top quality pet foods.
It is obvious and clear that the company behind this product has a knack for animals and thus the passion and attention to their diet. This can be seen from the component of its recipe. With real chicken as its primary source of protein, and other ingredients like vegetables and rice for a nutritious and balanced meal. This makes it a great option for your pooch during meal times as dogs love the taste of chicken.
This product contains a blend of 15 superfoods like coconut, chia, kale, blueberries and as such is a rich source of minerals and vitamins. It also avoids unhealthy ingredients such as wheat, soy, and corns that result in irritations.
The Nutro Max Natural Adult Dry Dog Food is a great recipe for huskies that are suffering from allergies associated with food and digestive problems. They are also helpful in regulating blood sugar levels in dogs and avoiding energy crashes.
|It helps to reduce tartar on teeth||It sometimes reacts to tender tummies|
|It is easily digestible|
|It allows for less waste|
|It is very tasty|
|It is grain-free|
- One (1) 34 lb. Bag - Purina Pro Plan FOCUS Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Puppy Food
- Made with high-quality protein, including real lamb as the #1 ingredient
- DHA from fish oil helps to nourish brain and vision development
- Antioxidants help support a puppy's developing immune system
- Phosphorous, calcium and other minerals build strong teeth and bone.Using a standard 8 oz/250 ml measuring cup which contains approximately 112 g of Pro Plan
Are you looking for the best dog food that will provide a healthy and active life for your huskies? You may as well go with the Purina Pro Plan Puppy Dry Dog Food. The Purina Pro Plan Puppy Dry Dog Food features a balanced protein-to-fat formula ratio that fortifies your pet for a lean and strong life.
It also features several super premium ingredients with lamb as its basic. Thus providing outstanding nutrition for your Huskies.
To go with this formulation are vitamin A, a healthy dose of linoleic and omega-6 acids for shiny and healthy skin. This product is a great source of glucosamine and natural prebiotic fiber. While the latter is especially essential for joint problems suffered by adults, the prebiotic fiber will help maintain the health of the digestive tract. Also worth the mention is that its ingredients are all sourced and used naturally, hence suitable for your husky’s health. This recipe is great, not just for your husky’s joints, but its vision, and brain development.
|It contains appropriate amount of fat||It comes with unspecified byproducts|
|It is prepared with naturally preserved fat|
|It features calcium for joint health|
|It contains enough amount of protein|
|It is easily digestible|
- Dry dog food delivers a diet rich and varied in fresh, whole animal ingredients
- Nourishes dogs according to their biological needs with 38% protein and 20% carbohydrates
- Offers a rich diversity of fresh and raw meats; 85% meat inclusions, 15% veggies & fruits, and 0% grain, tapioca, or plant protein concentrates
- WholePrey ratios of fresh meat, organs, and cartilage or bone supply virtually every nutrient your dog needs
- Biologically Appropriate foods made in the USA in our own kitchen. Our Customer Care team would love to hear from you at 877-939-0006 or firstname.lastname@example.org
One brand of best dog food for huskies I won’t fail to recommend is the ORIJEN Dry Dog Food. This is one food that delivers unadulterated and pure animal protein. And as such is a great choice for any Siberian Husky.
A large part of this recipe is raw or fresh – as the case may be. Even the part that is processed is done so by air-drying at a temperature of 194 degrees still doesn’t lose its nutritional value. With such a minimally processed meat, there’s no need for added minerals and vitamins as it is already so nutrient-rich.
This recipe features protein source from a range of meats such as turkey, chicken, mackerel, flounder, sardine and herring. It also features Omega-3 which is essential in giving your Husky a healthy thyroid and eyes. As well as improved skin and coat. It contains a reasonable level of fat at 18% and thus is suited for very active or working dogs.
One thing that makes this product hands down perfect option for your husky pet is they use of a whole bunch of fresh fruits and vegetables.
This amazing recipe contains blueberries, kales, and carrots. which together are great for your husky’s eye health. With the presence of glucosamine and chondroitin as well as calcium, into the mix, your pals’ bones and joints are definitely in safe hands.
|Its ingredients are high-quality||Just a little under 480 calories|
|It’s made with varied protein content||A little high protein content|
|It contains fruits and veggies|
|It promotes thyroid, eye and joint health|
|It doesn’t come with artificial preservatives, colors and flavors|
- A taste of the wild with SMOKED SALMON; REAL SALMON is the #1 ingredient; optimal amino acid profile, PROTEIN rich for LEAN, STRONG MUSCLES
- Premium ingredients with added vitamins & minerals; fruits and vegetables as SUPERFOODS for hard-working ANTIOXIDANTS; fatty acid blend for SKIN & COAT
- Ingredients From Trusted, Sustainable Sources Around The World; Made With No Grain, Corn, Wheat, Filler; No Artificial Flavors, Colors, Preservatives Added
- Nutrient rich and HIGHLY DIGESTIBLE with guaranteed species specific, PROPRIETARY PROBIOTICS that survive and thrive in the GI tract
- MADE in the USA; FAMILY OWNED & run; food made with scientifically advanced food safety protocols; We'd appreciate your CALL 800.342.4808
The best dog food for a husky should feature a great analysis profile of nutrients therein. And leave your pet completely satisfied in terms of the basic dog food elements such as protein, day and carbs.
This is the case with and describes the Taste of the Wild Grain Dog Food. The primary source of protein in this recipe is salmon, and then ocean fish meal for healthy tissue and well-toned muscles. This makes it a recommended choice of dog food for anyone who wants some real and nutritious ingredients in their husk’s diet.
This grain-free recipe is chock full of nutrients that will nourish your dog and keep them in top shape for years to come. They are also loaded with antioxidants, pre and probiotic, and digestive enzymes. As such you can rest assured of your husk’s health and strength after taking them.
The great thing about this product is that it comes in a variety of flavors. With the complexity in a husky’s appetite, this presents tasty alternative so they don’t get bored with one flavor and start rejecting the foods.
|It is high in protein||Sometimes causes stomach problems|
|It is grain free|
|It is easy to digest|
|It contains an appropriate amount of fat|
|It is prepares with fresh fruits and vegetables|
- PACKED WITH REAL CHICKEN: A recipe made to satisfy your dog's natural love for meat, this high protein dog food features real chicken to help build and maintain lean muscle mass.
- GRAIN FREE DOG FOOD: BLUE Wilderness grain free adult dog food is made with healthy carbohydrates including sweet potatoes and peas to help fuel your adult dog's active lifestyle. Plus, it contains omega 3 & 6 fatty acids to support skin and coat health.
- WITH LIFESOURCE BITS: This formula contains BLUE's exclusive LifeSource Bits - a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals carefully selected by holistic veterinarians and animal nutritionists to support immune system health, life stage requirements, and a healthy oxidative balance.
- NATURAL DOG FOOD: BLUE dry dog food is formulated for the health and well-being of your dog and features the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals. It never contains chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives.
- Contains one (1) 24-lb bag of BLUE Wilderness High Protein Grain Free, Natural Adult Dry Dog Food, Chicken
If what you’re looking for in the best dog food for a siberian husky is a precise blend of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants for your pet’s optimum health, you may have found it in theBlue Buffalo Wilderness High Dry Dog Food.
This is one brand that I can say is loved by huskies. Well, why wouldn’t they? With its tasty lamb providing the essential amino acids they need for their unique activities. This product features nutrient-rich vegetables like carrots, potatoes and garlic, and wholesome whole grains such as barley, oats and brown rice. This way, it supplies the needed nutrition to keep them healthy, strong and energetic.
This recipe features 34% protein, with deboned salmon as its primary meat source. Together with turkey meal, chicken meal and deboned real chicken for your pup’s optimum health and growth.
Not to forget the presence of Omega-3 sources from the salmon to uphold the health of your pup’s thyroid, eyes, and coat. You can rest assured that it does not come with any preservatives, artificial flavors, and colors and any by-product meals such as corn, wheat, and soy.
|It doesn’t contain artificial preservatives, colors or flavors||It may not be ideal for less active dogs|
|It is grain and gluten free|
|It promotes proper growth of huskies|
|It is prepared with real meat|
|It promote joint health and growth|
Final Word On Best Dog Food For A Husky
Huskies are a generally unique breed of dogs. Thus keeping them healthy and active will need dog foods specially tailored to meet their specific needs. At the same time, finding out what the best dog food for Huskies is may be a bit different – from one Husky to another.
Generally, you want to consider foods that are rich in proteins and other vital elements such as omega oils, vitamins, and minerals. Also, as much as possible grains and additives should be avoided. In view of these, my best pick goes to Nutro Max Natural Adult Dry Dog Food.
Compared to other products, the Nutro Max Natural Adult Dry Dog Food features an appropriate balance of protein and fat content. Other ingredients featured herein are vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, omega-3 oil, fruits, and vegetables. With such a formulation, you can rest assured that the health of your furry friends is in the safest of hands.
Did you like “Best Dog Food For A Husky”? We would greatly appreciate if you share it on your favorite social media channel.