If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the Best Wireless Fences for Dogs is, then I’d recommend the Extreme Dog Fence as the best one.
Dogs will always be dogs, they love to play. Much more than that, they need to engage in physical activity as a form of exercise for them. But, most of the times this happens, you run the risk of having them wander away from the home if not watched after. Sometimes, this can also expose to attacks by other animals, whether domestic or wild.
This is where having a fence comes in. With the advancement in technology, the best dog wireless fence is one of the solutions you want to consider.
5 Of The Best Wireless Fences for Dogs
More On Wireless Dog Fence System And How It Functions
A wireless dog fence is a type of invisible fence system and works with the use of a wireless signal spectrum. This spectrum uses information which is exchanged by the two main components of the wireless fence system. The receiver and transmitter in the collar (While the transmitter throws out the signal, the collar receives it).
The aim of this spectrum is to put range restrictions on your dog by producing a negative stimulus such as electric shock which is triggered when your dog crosses the “fenced” area. By fenced area, I mean the operating range allowed by the transmitter. That said, depending on the power of the transmitter, your pet can have a certain range of free movement.
The moment the dog crosses the limit provided, the signal breaks off between the transmitter and collar. And as a result, your dog receives a slight shock or other stimulating signals like that of dog bark collars.
Factors to Consider before Buying the Best Wireless Dog Fence
This is the most important factor in choosing a wireless fence as it determines how large of an area your animal will have free access to without receiving correction.
Your dog, regardless of the size – whether big or small, needs to get enough freedom of movement around your yard. Obviously, smaller dogs will need less space than bigger ones to be comfortable in an environment.
Some of these systems come with adjustable ranges, depending on the number of transmitters and wire used. These can range from a few feet to over 100 acres.
2. Size Of Collar
Without a well functioning collar, no wireless dog fence system is complete. Also, the collar must fit to maximize functional ability. With that said, the last thing that you want to do is overlook such an important detail as the size of the collar needed to fit around your dog’s neck.
If it is too tight it will be uncomfortable for your pet and possibly cause some form of harm. But, if it is too loose, it may not work as intended; with settings such as static or other forms of stimulation.
To remove all guesswork from your purchasing decision, it is important to measure your dog’s neck size. But, there are some wireless fence systems with adjustable collars. And as such work with a host of dog breeds with little to no problem at all.
3. Installation Process
Even though most wireless dog fence systems are easy to set up, there are some that may need hours of preparation. Most of these systems are “plug-it-in and go” and need an average installation time of 1 hour.
All that is required is to ensure the proper positioning of the transmitter. As long as you ensure that the transmitter is not affected by any form of obstruction and turbulence associated with weather conditions.
4. Battery Type
This is one feature that has often been overlooked; but, can be a blessing or a curse. You will need to consider how long the battery will last, how long it takes to charge and if there’s an extra cost in maintaining it. You want to know if they use proprietary batteries or the common ones.
Proprietary batteries will need you buying directly from the manufacturers, while the common batteries can be picked up anywhere.
Also, you want to consider whether your batteries are chargeable or not, and if not you’ll have to purchase new each time they run out of juice. Some collar’s battery life can take days before running down after being charged. Others can take weeks or even a month. The choice is yours.
5. Number of Collars
This feature is particularly for dog owners who have many dogs. If so, you may want to make sure that the transmitter of the system you look forward to buying can support many collars. Some systems only work with a single collar, while there are other wireless fence systems that can operate with many collars.
This implies that a single transmitter is able to cover more than two or more pets. This is where you may have to make up your mind on how many dogs you intend to have. Some systems come with the amount that you need, while others may need you buying extra collars.
6. Correction Level
Correction level, otherwise known as settings are very important pre-purchase factors to consider. For instance, some systems come with a static correction level, and may not be for puppies or older dogs with extra sensitive hearing.
Additionally, some systems will come with many settings. This allows for fine-tuning performance based on your dog’s individual requirements. Depending on your type of dog, you may want to for a static correction level with a “tone only” correction level setting or multiple types of “modes” to choose from. It is important to be aware of all ranges of options that come with your systems collars.
Best Wireless Fences For Dogs Review
- 🎖️ Improved: The 2nd Generation eXtreme Dog Fence STANDARD GRADE Kit Covers Up to 6 Acres. The Updated Electronics are Designed for Compatibility with New Collar Options. 3 Antennas, 12x Battery Check, +More
- 🎖️ Waterproof and Submersible: Most Other Inground Dog Fence Systems Claim to be "Water Resistant". The eXtreme Dog Fence Includes a Collar Receiver that is COMPLETELY Waterproof, and Can be Submerged up to 10' Deep. Your Dog Can Swim with the Collar on and Won't Affect it's Functionality
- 🎖️ Standard Fence Kit Includes: 20 Gauge High Tensile Boundary Wire with Heavy Protective Jacket, Digital Transmitter, Collar Receiver(s) w/ Battery, Training Flags and Splice Kits
- 🎖️ Guarantee: This Underground Dog Fence Includes a 1 Year Warranty. When You Register Your Fence, Your Warranty eXtends to 5 Years. This Fence WILL Contain Your Dog and has Been Manufactured for More than 25 Years and Carries a Stellar Reputation for Reliability and Performance
- 🎖️ U.S.A. : These Electric Fences for Dogs Are Proudly Manufactured in the Good Old United States of America. We are Standing By to Provide You Top Level Assistance and Support in Setting Up Your Fence, Training Your Dogs and Puppies, or Troubleshooting Any Issue that Comes Up
Are you looking for best dog wireless fence on the market to keep a check on your furry canine? Then you want to consider the Extreme Dog Fence – Second Generation.
To start with, it does cover a vast expanse of space and comes with everything you need for effective containment of your dogs. One feature that sets this system apart from its competitors is the fact that it supports unlimited dogs on up to 25 acres. That is ideal for dog owners with many dogs and large properties that want dogs roaming free without them getting into trouble.
Another feature to look out for is its water-resistant and submersible capability. This way, your collar receiver is guaranteed completely waterproof up to 10 feet deep. It comes equipped with thick and durable wires and the ability to withstand almost anything over a large area.
The Extreme Dog Fence is one of the few systems with as low as Gauge 14 wires, making for a safer electrical pathway designed for the system to work. Its transmitter allows for easy customization and can cover a total of 10 acres. It also comes equipped with a frequency encoding feature for eliminating stray signal interference from other signal generating devices.
|Its collar is waterproof with fully submersible rating||Collars might be too flimsy for some|
|It covers a vast expanse of space|
|Its range is customizable|
|It accommodates any number of dogs|
|It eliminates signal interference|
|It is quick and easy setup and adjustments|
- Easy-to-install containment kit includes everything needed to cover 1 1/3 acres of land for one dog; can be expanded to cover 100 acres with more wire and flags (sdf-wf)
- Waterproof collar takes standard 9-volt battery (included) that lasts 6-12 months; fits dogs 10 lb. And up
- Contain an unlimited number of dogs with additional collars (sdf-r)
- Collar gives Tone (beep) and vibration (Buzz) warning before moving to one of four static stimulation levels (you choose the best level for your dog)
- Transmitter features wire break alarm and built in Lightning Protector
Do you own a dog that has a strong personality, and you want a wireless fence system that can handle them? The SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence Systems might be right for you. This is one In-Ground fence that is built to withstand any type of weather – from rain, heat, shine, snow, wind or dust. It guarantees to keep your pup safe no matter what Mother Nature brings on.
A notable and unique safety feature of this fence is its lightning protection which guards it against any outage caused by a lightning strike. This is an ideal choice of wireless fence for those who are planning on handling a huge property and can as well support an unlimited number of dogs. You only have to buy more collars.
It features together with tone and vibration levels, 4 different static correction levels. Its collar receiver is waterproof and its battery is very long-lasting and could last for up to 12 months with a minimum of 6 months.
This wireless comes with 1,000 feet of wire and guarantees to expand to allow for as much as hundred acres cover. As long as you decide to spend the money on the wire. This makes it ideal for large dog types, sizes, and characteristics.
|It comes with a long lasting battery||Its receiver collar may not always hold up|
|It features a Low battery warning indicator||Plastic on collar sometimes breaks|
|It comes with a waterproof collar|
|Perimeter adjustable to your needs|
|It extends to over 100 acres|
|It comes with 4 levels of static stimulation|
|It allows for lightning protection|
- PIF-300 system complete included is 1 pack of RFA-67D-11 batteries (3 batteries total).
- Covers an adjustable circular area up half acre (180 feet in diameter)
- Completely wireless/portable with ability to plug in transmitter to power source
- 5 adjustable levels of correction, plus tone-only mode Includes run-through protection your pet will be reminded to return to the pet area
Do you own more than one dog? One containment system for pets that was designed with multiple-pet owners in mind is the PetSafe Wireless Fence. This is a wireless system for both first-time dog owners and dog breeders looking for an easy training solution for their pup.
Whether you have a small or large yard, this wireless fence has you covered as its circular coverage is adjustable, and as such can be made smaller or bigger as the case may be. The coverage range reaches up to half an acre in a circular but adjustable shape.
The moment your pet begins to move past the designated boundaries you have set with the system, a beeping noise is sounded like a warning. If he/she still persists, he/she receives a blast of static correction. It is completely harmless and safe, with no shock involved.
One of the best parts about its collar is the waterproof feature, and as such can stand about any weather conditions – whether rain or shine. It features a 6-volt battery with an impressive battery life that if properly maintained lasts pretty long. Set up is pretty simple and it only takes an average of 2 hours to complete the installation.
After installation, all that remains is to plug in the transmitter box and once you place the receiver collars on your dog’s neck, you are ready to contain them.
|It is easy to use||It may not be suitable for smaller dogs|
|Its range of coverage is adjustable||Results can be inconsistent|
|It works well with a multiple number of dogs|
|It is Waterproof|
|It is weather resistant|
- ELECTRIC DOG FENCE w/500 ft of industrial grade SOLID COPPER CORE WIRE. Can expand up to 20 acres of land
- 7 DIFFERENT CORRECTION SETTINGS plus BUILT-IN SURGE PROTECTION - Tone + Vibration + Static
- WORKS IN FREEZING & BELOW ZERO TEMPERATURES PLUS 100% WATERPROOF - WEATHERPROOF IPV7 RATED COLLARS Completely submergible up to 3ft - Snow, Rain and muddy puddles are no problem for this rugged collar.
- SUPPORTS UNLIMITED NUMBER OF COLLARS - Find additional collars here: https://www.amazon.com/Sit-Boo-Boo-Advance-Hidden-Fence/dp/B07MTSVC7G
- 1 YEAR REPLACEMENT WARRANTY: We are confident you will be completely satisfied with our dog training and containment system. Should something go wrong know that we will have you covered.
If you’re looking for an advanced fencing system packed with loads of amazing features, you want to consider the Sit Boo-Boo Electric Fence Advanced. It comes with different correction modes such as the static, loud beep, and vibration all aimed at preventing your dog from wandering beyond the restricted zone.
It features a safety auto-off capability on the collar that allows for automatic turning off of the collar 10 seconds after your dog receives a correction. There is no doubt this is an effective system, with its transmitter connecting well with the collar and the result is an effective static correction as required.
It features a comfortably designed collar built to work well with dogs of every size and breed. Its radio wave transmissions are Up-to-date and as such effortlessly and faultlessly broadcasts the signal to your dog’s training collar. Also, with this pet containment system, you get a more than an impressive adjustable range of coverage of over 5 acres – as long as you have the extra wire.
Its battery strength is pretty impressive too, as long as they are well maintained. To start with, they must be fully charged before their first use and then recharged when not in use.
|Its coverage is reliable and expandable||There is no low battery indicator|
|Its installation process is simple|
|It allows for an unlimited number of collars|
|Its battery life is quite impressive|
- 1/2 ACRE OF CIRCULAR COVERAGE: The adjustable circular range can cover up to 1/2 acres from the placement of the portable indoor transmitter
- NO WIRE TO BURY: A wireless boundary allows you to create a secure barrier around your yard to protect your pets without the time or hassle of burying wires
- STATIC FREE REENTRY: Unlike traditional in ground fences, this wireless fence allows your pet to return home without being corrected if your pet passes the boundary
- SIMPLE SET UP: Sets up in just a few hours; this portable system is terrific for camping and vacation homes
- WATERPROOF COLLAR: The waterproof collar comfortably fits dogs 8 pounds and up and adjusts to fit neck sizes 6 to 28 inches; compatible with all PetSafe Wireless Fence transmitters
Pet containment can be a breeze with PetSafe Wireless Dog and Cat Containment System. This PetSafe Wireless Containment System allows for a secure circular boundary around your yard without going through the hassle of installing a physical fence or burying the wire.
Additionally, it comes with an adjustable maximum range for boundaries. The maximum range for boundaries is adjustable and has a radius of up to 30 meters and a range of coverage – half an acre. This is ideal for larger backyards or where you simply want to provide your dog more room to run!
Another adjustable feature in terms of its size is its collar system. It can be adjusted in size from as small as 6 inches around to as large as 28 inches around. This makes it perfect for larger breeds of dogs such as Mastiffs and St. Bernards.
Again, the collar itself is waterproof and weather-safe and that makes it perfect for use in any weather or climate zone. This wireless fence system offers five levels of correction together with a tone-only mode for training. If used correctly, an average of two weeks is enough to get your dog trained.
|It is easy to use||It does not work for small dogs|
|Its set up and installation is simple||It is not well suited for sloped properties|
|It comes with adjustable wide range of coverage||No shock warnings|
|It is highly portable|
|Its training material is easy to understand|
Final Words On Best Wireless Dog Fence
There are no doubt dogs have a tendency to roam around your yard, and chances are they will go beyond their boundaries. This is where the best dog wireless fence comes in handy to easily prevent such from happening.
But, with the plethora of this device in the market, it can get a bit overwhelming looking for the perfect fit for your dog. This is where the above guide comes in handy too. The above list of products was carefully selected. And are highly recommended for dog owners looking to invest in the best and useful boundaries for their furry canines.
But, my best pick goes to Extreme Dog Fence. This is the perfect solution for keeping a check on your furry canine with its customizable range, the vast expanse of space it covers and supporting unlimited dogs on up to 25 acres.
It also comes with important features such as being water resistance and weather-proof, and as such can withstand rough and extreme environmental conditions. Its set up process is fairly easy and comes with various correction levels to accommodate different types of dogs. There’s not a doubt that this product is durable and worth every penny it cost.
Did you like “Best Wireless Fences for Dogs”? We would greatly appreciate if you would share this on your favorite social media channel.